Sunday, October 25, 2009

Life and Caterpillars... From One Butterfly to Another

For my Beautiful, Noisy, Inquisitive Butterfly -
My daughter Arlais... (3 years)




Caterpillars
by Aileen Fisher

What do caterpillars do?
Nothing much but chew and chew.
What do caterpillars know?
Nothing much but how to grow.
They just eat what by and by
Will make them be a butterfly,
But that is more than I can do,
However much I chew and chew.




(they're actually catkins from the poplar tree!)

HEY MUMMY - I SEE YOU! 
 
I see you too Darling Girl, you're just lovely!
Theres nothing I enjoy better than watching you grow and explore...
Even when you leave things strewn across the floor.
That happens often,
Your mischief makes me grimace
Your smile reminds me of how fortunate I am
And your presence, your Little Self,
I would never want to be without.
I love you!


******************




No comments:

Post a Comment