Friday, January 28, 2011

Lazy Days and Sundays, always get me down...


I know, its meant to be Mondays, as far as the song goes... those too, sometimes.
Cant explain it, it just is.
Sundays here always seem to be melancholy, low energy, catch-up days. Its the end of the week and Ive wrung all the goodness out of everything, my wallet, my spirit, my children, until theres not much left... The late nights, the stressors and the bills, the early mornings, the hilarity and the struggles, it all catches up and ends in a Sunday...
So forgive me if I huddle away somewhere reading, lazing in the sun, doing the small things, not expending too much energy. Reading, napping, baking, bouncing on the trampoline with the littles, or in the garden, I ignore the piles of washing or the dishes until I gather enough energy - but that wont be until late in the day.
A day of rest? Not for any traditional reason, perhaps - but here on Sundays we do tend to be economical with movement and low on enthusiasm.
I end up with wriggling littles in bed, and put the covers over them in the hope they get the hint to go back to sleep... Usually that is the indication to wriggle harder, giggling at each other not-so-quietly, and eventually Mum gets sick of it, and will so ungraciously hurl herself out of bed - to stand and admire the garden, waiting for the jug to boil. Ahh, coffee the elixir of All That Has To Be Awake.
Requests  follow for pikelets with jam and chopped up banana or sausages and sauce, wrapped in bread and butter - it could be boring old toast, or cereal with fruit... but who knows... such is the Sunday routine round here at the Lazy A Ranch ...
So next time you knock on my door on a Sunday, and you hear hushed voices and scurrying in the hallways... youll know what is going on... because here it is, in print...
Its SUNDAY and we're sitting it out, cheering quietly for the bitter ends of the week to subside, awaiting the onslaught of the new week, and a shiny bright new Monday. Fresh out of its packet, with all its fresh energies...

The rain of the day has stopped,  and l it leaves behind a fresh clean palette - its late and the sun is just dipping down into the night.
Tomorrow is Sunday again, Im hoping it will be a brilliant sunny new beginning for all those who somewhere need a new start in their lives... Today has been an earthshattering day for me, and I am left realizing how truly fortunate I am...

Thinking of You --- Stephen, Alicia and Joshua.
All my love,

EButterfly 

our roses amongst the scarlet runner beans, oaks aside

No comments:

Post a Comment