Monday, June 20, 2011

QUICK POST - A PINGU! A PINGU! Muuum, Look!

Emperor Penguin Arrives in Kapiti - Miss 4 thinks this is amazing, and I have to agree... I wonder where he made a wrong turn, and ended up on a New Zealand beach for goodness sake!http://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/5172214/Emperor-penguin-a-long-way-from-home-at-Kapiti
Isnt he beautiful ? We *heart* Penguins in this house...

It started with the Antarctic Centre here in Christchurch - which is an awesome way to introduce kids to Penguins, as they have a live display!
Then, we read about them here... Penguins In the Fridge...by Nicola Moon...
Joe isnt allowed a pet, so he makes some penguins... and puts them in the fridge...
My boys LOVED this book, especially my eldest. He had a pet (stuffed) penguin, that I would often find in the fridge... and this book was a favourite for a long time! It has since fallen to pieces, loved and well read!

No comments:

Post a Comment