Monday, September 3, 2012

A Quick Link... Storing your Maori Potato

Have just had a wee fossick under the soil, to see how my Maori Potato are coming along.
Sure enough, theyre starting to do their thing.
I  cautiously anticipate a good crop, as everything I grew last year went straight back into well dug and composted soil, and have full sun. Just as they like... fingers xed!
Mine are purple - Urenika - very dark and were very yam or kumera like in shape. Im guessing they will be a little larger this year, having had a bit longer to grow... I hope they taste as good as they look, theyre quite pretty!

Was wondering how to store my Maori Potato once theyre out - I will replant some, but it would be nice to have them available if I can store them successfully for some time over the Winter... Im learning NOT to procrastinate and leave these things, so here is a link so we are prepared in advance *grin*

HOW TO STORE YOUR RIWAI

I also found 2 other articles online that I want to bring here together
- A collection of Maori Potato Varieties

An interesting article on Maori Potatoes, How to and Planting by the Moon

So thats it for now... Keep Planting!
Over and Out!
EB
XX



No comments:

Post a Comment